JJ McPhillips: Murder police arrest man over Upper Street stabbing of young dad
- Credit: Archant
Murder detectives investigating the killing of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips have made an arrest.
JJ was stabbed in Upper Street in the early hours of Saturday February 25, and died the following Wednesday.
The father-of-two reportedly stepped in when a gang picked a fight with his friends but was knifed along with a 17-year-old boy, who suffered minor injuries.
Police arrested a 24-year-old man on Saturday on suspicion of murder and he has been bailed until mid-April.
The Met’s murder squad, led by Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams, are still investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Any who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020