JJ McPhillips: Murder police arrest man over Upper Street stabbing of young dad
- Credit: Archant
Murder detectives investigating the killing of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips have made an arrest.
JJ was stabbed in Upper Street in the early hours of Saturday February 25, and died the following Wednesday.
The father-of-two reportedly stepped in when a gang picked a fight with his friends but was knifed along with a 17-year-old boy, who suffered minor injuries.
Police arrested a 24-year-old man on Saturday on suspicion of murder and he has been bailed until mid-April.
The Met’s murder squad, led by Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams, are still investigating.
Any who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 2 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 5 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 6 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 7 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 8 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 9 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 10 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs