JJ McPhillips: Murder police arrest man over Upper Street stabbing of young dad
- Credit: Archant
Murder detectives investigating the killing of Jonathon “JJ” McPhillips have made an arrest.
JJ was stabbed in Upper Street in the early hours of Saturday February 25, and died the following Wednesday.
The father-of-two reportedly stepped in when a gang picked a fight with his friends but was knifed along with a 17-year-old boy, who suffered minor injuries.
Police arrested a 24-year-old man on Saturday on suspicion of murder and he has been bailed until mid-April.
The Met’s murder squad, led by Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams, are still investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Any who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington