Jogger stabbed in Finsbury Park in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
A man was left in hospital after being stabbed whilst jogging through Finsbury Park.
The 39-year-old was left with a knife wounds to the stomach after the attack by two youths on push bikes outside the Finsbury Park Cafe, on Endymion Road, on Saturday at about 5.45pm.
Children and families, enjoying the sunshine in the park, looked on in shock as police taped off the crime scene.
The victim’s injuries are not life threatening.
Police say the stabbing followed an argument between the youths and the man - they do not believe it is gang related.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information can call police on 1010 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy