Jogger stabbed in Finsbury Park in broad daylight
- Credit: Archant
A man was left in hospital after being stabbed whilst jogging through Finsbury Park.
The 39-year-old was left with a knife wounds to the stomach after the attack by two youths on push bikes outside the Finsbury Park Cafe, on Endymion Road, on Saturday at about 5.45pm.
Children and families, enjoying the sunshine in the park, looked on in shock as police taped off the crime scene.
The victim’s injuries are not life threatening.
Police say the stabbing followed an argument between the youths and the man - they do not believe it is gang related.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information can call police on 1010 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 6 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off