Jordan Bari shooting: Canonbury man charged with murder
- Credit: Met
An Islington man has been charged with murder following the fatal shooting of 20-year-old Jordan Bari in Bethnal Green.
Bobby Lawrence, 21, of Canonbury Street, was arrested on Wednesday and will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
He is also charged with possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence.
Jordan, of Stratford, was killed by a single bullet to the stomach on Monday, October 3 as he answered the door at a flat.
The black-belt Tang Soo Do fighter died at the scene in Florida Street at about 8.45pm – 45 minutes after being shot.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, aged 29 and 21, were arrested at the scene in connection with Jordan’s death but were released without charge.
Another man, 28, was arrested today on suspicion of murder and is in police custody.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes