Jordan Bari shooting: Canonbury man charged with murder
- Credit: Met
An Islington man has been charged with murder following the fatal shooting of 20-year-old Jordan Bari in Bethnal Green.
Bobby Lawrence, 21, of Canonbury Street, was arrested on Wednesday and will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
He is also charged with possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence.
Jordan, of Stratford, was killed by a single bullet to the stomach on Monday, October 3 as he answered the door at a flat.
The black-belt Tang Soo Do fighter died at the scene in Florida Street at about 8.45pm – 45 minutes after being shot.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, aged 29 and 21, were arrested at the scene in connection with Jordan’s death but were released without charge.
Another man, 28, was arrested today on suspicion of murder and is in police custody.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern