‘You can’t find this stuff elsewhere’: Jumi Cheese opens second store in Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a renowned Swiss cheese shop have brought a new site in Newington Green and are planning a grand opening for September 16.
Jumi Cheese, which has been attracting customers to Borough Market since 2011, has just opened a second establishment at 56 Newington Green.
The business specialises in unpasteurised cheese from the Emmental region of Switzerland, which is different from your standard supermarket dairy.
Marcello Basini, who has worked for the Jumi Cheese since 2011, said: “We got a really great vibe from this area and love Newington Green, so for us this is a brilliant opportunity.”
He added: “We’ve had a secret opening already but September is approaching and that means the cheese days are coming.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening will take place between 1pm and 6pm and include cheese tasting.
Marcello said: “These cheeses are really great. They are stuff you can’t find anywhere else.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant