‘You can’t find this stuff elsewhere’: Jumi Cheese opens second store in Newington Green
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a renowned Swiss cheese shop have brought a new site in Newington Green and are planning a grand opening for September 16.
Jumi Cheese, which has been attracting customers to Borough Market since 2011, has just opened a second establishment at 56 Newington Green.
The business specialises in unpasteurised cheese from the Emmental region of Switzerland, which is different from your standard supermarket dairy.
Marcello Basini, who has worked for the Jumi Cheese since 2011, said: “We got a really great vibe from this area and love Newington Green, so for us this is a brilliant opportunity.”
He added: “We’ve had a secret opening already but September is approaching and that means the cheese days are coming.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening will take place between 1pm and 6pm and include cheese tasting.
Marcello said: “These cheeses are really great. They are stuff you can’t find anywhere else.”
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020