Kate and William are visiting Islington tomorrow
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Kate and William are coming to visit Islington’s St Luke’s Community Centre tomorrow.
They’ll be joining the brilliant Central Street Cookery School to prepare food for the Commonwealth Big Lunch, a scheme which aims to bring communities together through food and friendship.
As reported in the Gazette last month, the cookery school has operated at the community centre since 2012. Led by Sofia Larrinua, it puts on cookery lessons for as cheap as 50p.
Ahead of the visit, St Luke’s chief executive Michael Ryan said: “We’re thrilled their royal highnesses are helping St Luke’s with our Commonwealth Big Lunch.
“We also host a daily lunch for older people, an annual ‘big lunch’ in June and celebrate our diverse cultures. Our Commonwealth Big Lunch will be an extra special event for all here.”
You may also want to watch:
The last major royal visit to Islington was the Queen to St Mary’s Church in Upper Street in December last year.
She received a mixed reception. One fan sang a hilarious chant of: “We love you Queenie, we do!”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 5 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 8 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 9 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
Five metres away from her, a depraved protester screamed at a smiling Elizabeth: “SCUMBAG!”