Kate and William are visiting Islington tomorrow
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Kate and William are coming to visit Islington’s St Luke’s Community Centre tomorrow.
They’ll be joining the brilliant Central Street Cookery School to prepare food for the Commonwealth Big Lunch, a scheme which aims to bring communities together through food and friendship.
As reported in the Gazette last month, the cookery school has operated at the community centre since 2012. Led by Sofia Larrinua, it puts on cookery lessons for as cheap as 50p.
Ahead of the visit, St Luke’s chief executive Michael Ryan said: “We’re thrilled their royal highnesses are helping St Luke’s with our Commonwealth Big Lunch.
“We also host a daily lunch for older people, an annual ‘big lunch’ in June and celebrate our diverse cultures. Our Commonwealth Big Lunch will be an extra special event for all here.”
You may also want to watch:
The last major royal visit to Islington was the Queen to St Mary’s Church in Upper Street in December last year.
She received a mixed reception. One fan sang a hilarious chant of: “We love you Queenie, we do!”
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
Five metres away from her, a depraved protester screamed at a smiling Elizabeth: “SCUMBAG!”