Kate and William are visiting Islington tomorrow
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Kate and William are coming to visit Islington’s St Luke’s Community Centre tomorrow.
They’ll be joining the brilliant Central Street Cookery School to prepare food for the Commonwealth Big Lunch, a scheme which aims to bring communities together through food and friendship.
As reported in the Gazette last month, the cookery school has operated at the community centre since 2012. Led by Sofia Larrinua, it puts on cookery lessons for as cheap as 50p.
Ahead of the visit, St Luke’s chief executive Michael Ryan said: “We’re thrilled their royal highnesses are helping St Luke’s with our Commonwealth Big Lunch.
“We also host a daily lunch for older people, an annual ‘big lunch’ in June and celebrate our diverse cultures. Our Commonwealth Big Lunch will be an extra special event for all here.”
You may also want to watch:
The last major royal visit to Islington was the Queen to St Mary’s Church in Upper Street in December last year.
She received a mixed reception. One fan sang a hilarious chant of: “We love you Queenie, we do!”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
Five metres away from her, a depraved protester screamed at a smiling Elizabeth: “SCUMBAG!”