Kate and William are visiting Islington tomorrow
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Kate and William are coming to visit Islington’s St Luke’s Community Centre tomorrow.
They’ll be joining the brilliant Central Street Cookery School to prepare food for the Commonwealth Big Lunch, a scheme which aims to bring communities together through food and friendship.
As reported in the Gazette last month, the cookery school has operated at the community centre since 2012. Led by Sofia Larrinua, it puts on cookery lessons for as cheap as 50p.
Ahead of the visit, St Luke’s chief executive Michael Ryan said: “We’re thrilled their royal highnesses are helping St Luke’s with our Commonwealth Big Lunch.
“We also host a daily lunch for older people, an annual ‘big lunch’ in June and celebrate our diverse cultures. Our Commonwealth Big Lunch will be an extra special event for all here.”
The last major royal visit to Islington was the Queen to St Mary’s Church in Upper Street in December last year.
She received a mixed reception. One fan sang a hilarious chant of: “We love you Queenie, we do!”
- 1 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 2 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 3 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 4 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 5 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 6 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
- 9 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
- 10 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
Five metres away from her, a depraved protester screamed at a smiling Elizabeth: “SCUMBAG!”