Kate Middleton’s hairdresser visits Finsbury Park salon – showing it’s cut above the rest
- Credit: Archant
Kate Middleton’s stylist dropped into a Finsbury Park salon in a visit which showed it’s a cut above the rest.
Richard Ward, also the Duchess of Cambridge’s hairdresser for the Royal Wedding, visited Chaps and Dames in Tollington Park as part of a proposed reality TV show.
But last week’s visit, in which cameramen spent six hours shooting, also saw owner Paul Federici snip the Royal hairdresser’s locks into shape.
Mr Federici, 34, said: “They chose our salon to film in because it’s different and quirky and not so clinical, so they had a lot of things to comment on for the show.
“He said he’s never had a hair cut other than in his own salon. So, also being the stylist of one of the members of the Royal Family, it was a bit nerve-wracking, but at the same time a privilege.
You may also want to watch:
“He said he had never seen anyone cut hair quite like me – I’m a bit of an Edward Scissorhands – but there is definitely method to my madness because he said he really liked the cut.”
Mr Federici gave the Royal hairdresser a Tollington Park special – a straight forward men’s haircut with a twist.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Regarding filming for the Salon Inspectors reality show, he added: “They chose us because of the personality in the shop. Myself and my staff Kelly, David and Solomon – we bring something different.
“It’s theatrical in our shop. We have pianos, chandeliers and loads of other quirky, vintage stuff, which just makes it a bit different, and great for filming.”