Kate Middleton’s hairdresser visits Finsbury Park salon – showing it’s cut above the rest
- Credit: Archant
Kate Middleton’s stylist dropped into a Finsbury Park salon in a visit which showed it’s a cut above the rest.
Richard Ward, also the Duchess of Cambridge’s hairdresser for the Royal Wedding, visited Chaps and Dames in Tollington Park as part of a proposed reality TV show.
But last week’s visit, in which cameramen spent six hours shooting, also saw owner Paul Federici snip the Royal hairdresser’s locks into shape.
Mr Federici, 34, said: “They chose our salon to film in because it’s different and quirky and not so clinical, so they had a lot of things to comment on for the show.
“He said he’s never had a hair cut other than in his own salon. So, also being the stylist of one of the members of the Royal Family, it was a bit nerve-wracking, but at the same time a privilege.
You may also want to watch:
“He said he had never seen anyone cut hair quite like me – I’m a bit of an Edward Scissorhands – but there is definitely method to my madness because he said he really liked the cut.”
Mr Federici gave the Royal hairdresser a Tollington Park special – a straight forward men’s haircut with a twist.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
Regarding filming for the Salon Inspectors reality show, he added: “They chose us because of the personality in the shop. Myself and my staff Kelly, David and Solomon – we bring something different.
“It’s theatrical in our shop. We have pianos, chandeliers and loads of other quirky, vintage stuff, which just makes it a bit different, and great for filming.”