King’s Cross club to re-launch this month
A KING’S Cross nightclub is offering free drinks and “wacky” entertainment to celebrate its re-launch.
The bank holiday party at the Big Chill House, in Pentonville Road, on April 28 will follow a refurbishment to make the club more like the festival.
Guests can join pagan ceremonies and drawing workshops.
Free drinks, bacon sandwiches and brownies will be available.
Lucy Tauber, the designer, said: “I have had the chance to be really experimental.”
You may also want to watch:
Her overhaul will emphasise art and installation and will include a new bar.
Rupert Cogan, the Big Chill’s head of programming, said: “The free party will showcase all that is good about the Big Chill festival.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
“It’s the perfect start to the bank holiday weekend so get down there early!”
There is also the added bonus of the day off afterwards for the Royal Wedding.
Music will be provided by DJ Greenmoney, as well as Big Chill resident DJs.
Guests should sign up for free tickets online at www.bigchill.net/house.