King’s Cross footballer Freya hopes to fire Scottish national team to success
- Credit: Archant
A King’s Cross footballer is gunning for the ladies’ European U17 championships next month.
Freya Glen, 16, is contending for a place in Scotland’s squad when it travels to the tournament in Norway.
The right midfielder currently plays for Millwall U17s, from which she was spotted by Scottish scouts.
Freya, who qualifies for Scotland through her parents, played in two matches against Iceland U17s last week.
Although she wasn’t on the winning team in either game, the Arsenal fan said: “Iceland was an amazing experience and I hope to get the opportunity to play in Norway.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m grateful of how supportive my school [Portland Place, Westminster] has been after it re-arranged my mock exams for one of the training sessions.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 5 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 6 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 9 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 10 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back