King’s Cross footballer Freya hopes to fire Scottish national team to success
- Credit: Archant
A King’s Cross footballer is gunning for the ladies’ European U17 championships next month.
Freya Glen, 16, is contending for a place in Scotland’s squad when it travels to the tournament in Norway.
The right midfielder currently plays for Millwall U17s, from which she was spotted by Scottish scouts.
Freya, who qualifies for Scotland through her parents, played in two matches against Iceland U17s last week.
Although she wasn’t on the winning team in either game, the Arsenal fan said: “Iceland was an amazing experience and I hope to get the opportunity to play in Norway.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m grateful of how supportive my school [Portland Place, Westminster] has been after it re-arranged my mock exams for one of the training sessions.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London