King’s Cross man in court over Sam Fitzgerald murder
A man accused of stabbing an Arsenal fan to death outside an Islington pub denied murder when he appeared at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
Anthony Leader, 21, allegedly killed 20-year-old Sam Fitzgerald on the night of April 14 last year.
Sam had been watching his team play Tottenham at the Thornhill Arms in Wynford Road, Islington, not far from his home.
He bled to death after suffering a single stab wound to the chest.
Leader, of Sidmouth Street, King’s Cross, appeared in the dock to plead not guilty to a single charge of murder.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Paul Worsley QC set the trial for November 7 this year.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 9 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week