King’s Cross man in court over Sam Fitzgerald murder
A man accused of stabbing an Arsenal fan to death outside an Islington pub denied murder when he appeared at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
Anthony Leader, 21, allegedly killed 20-year-old Sam Fitzgerald on the night of April 14 last year.
Sam had been watching his team play Tottenham at the Thornhill Arms in Wynford Road, Islington, not far from his home.
He bled to death after suffering a single stab wound to the chest.
Leader, of Sidmouth Street, King’s Cross, appeared in the dock to plead not guilty to a single charge of murder.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Paul Worsley QC set the trial for November 7 this year.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 8 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Islington district seal victory over Camden