King’s Cross man in court over Sam Fitzgerald murder
A man accused of stabbing an Arsenal fan to death outside an Islington pub denied murder when he appeared at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
Anthony Leader, 21, allegedly killed 20-year-old Sam Fitzgerald on the night of April 14 last year.
Sam had been watching his team play Tottenham at the Thornhill Arms in Wynford Road, Islington, not far from his home.
He bled to death after suffering a single stab wound to the chest.
Leader, of Sidmouth Street, King’s Cross, appeared in the dock to plead not guilty to a single charge of murder.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Paul Worsley QC set the trial for November 7 this year.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 6 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 7 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 8 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 9 Club Curling comes to Coal Drops Yard in King’s Cross
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London