King Square cleaner honoured as best in borough after ‘exemplary work’
- Credit: Archant
A King Square cleaner scooped the top gong at Islington Council’s annual awards ceremony last months.
Francis Oduro, who's worked at King Square, in the St John Street area, for the past 10 years, was nominated by neighbours who value his dedication and hardwork in the estate.
Other top cleaners were also recognised, including: Sarah Walters, of New River Court estate groups, Danny Roberts, of Dover Court Estate and Greg Walters of Williamson Street Estate.
Islington's housing chief Cllr Diarmaid Ward said: "We are immensely proud of our hardworking, dedicated estate caretakers. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say we have some of the most community focused caretakers in London.
"Francis Oduro has done exemplary work at Kings Square, where his friendliness and attention to detail is greatly appreciated by estate residents. We commend him for his dedication in helping to build a safe, supportive, inclusive community here in Islington."
You may also want to watch:
Islington Council has around 200 caretakers working across the borough.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London