King Square cleaner honoured as best in borough after ‘exemplary work’
- Credit: Archant
A King Square cleaner scooped the top gong at Islington Council’s annual awards ceremony last months.
Francis Oduro, who's worked at King Square, in the St John Street area, for the past 10 years, was nominated by neighbours who value his dedication and hardwork in the estate.
Other top cleaners were also recognised, including: Sarah Walters, of New River Court estate groups, Danny Roberts, of Dover Court Estate and Greg Walters of Williamson Street Estate.
Islington's housing chief Cllr Diarmaid Ward said: "We are immensely proud of our hardworking, dedicated estate caretakers. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say we have some of the most community focused caretakers in London.
"Francis Oduro has done exemplary work at Kings Square, where his friendliness and attention to detail is greatly appreciated by estate residents. We commend him for his dedication in helping to build a safe, supportive, inclusive community here in Islington."
You may also want to watch:
Islington Council has around 200 caretakers working across the borough.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller