Kings Cross bridge closed after major gas leak
Traffic chaos looms this afternoon (June 14) due to a major gas leak that has led to the closure of the Kings Cross Bridge between Pentonville Road and Grays Inn Road.
The road has been closed to all traffic since 2pm today, but National Gas Grid have said they will work round the clock to make the repairs needed for it to re-open.
In addition to the closure, a southbound lane restriction on Caledonian Road has led to the following diversions, which will be sign posted locally:
- Southbound Traffic on Caledonian Road: No straight ahead traffic, all traffic to turn left onto Pentonville Road, right onto King’s Cross Road, Right onto Swinton Street, right onto Gray’s Inn Road
- Westbound contra flow bus lane: All buses to turn left onto Penton Rise, left onto King’s Cross Road, right into either Swinton Street or Acton Street, right onto Gray’s Inn Road.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any questions about the closure or the diversion should call 0845 305 1234.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 9 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 10 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy