Kings Cross bridge closed after major gas leak
Traffic chaos looms this afternoon (June 14) due to a major gas leak that has led to the closure of the Kings Cross Bridge between Pentonville Road and Grays Inn Road.
The road has been closed to all traffic since 2pm today, but National Gas Grid have said they will work round the clock to make the repairs needed for it to re-open.
In addition to the closure, a southbound lane restriction on Caledonian Road has led to the following diversions, which will be sign posted locally:
- Southbound Traffic on Caledonian Road: No straight ahead traffic, all traffic to turn left onto Pentonville Road, right onto King’s Cross Road, Right onto Swinton Street, right onto Gray’s Inn Road
- Westbound contra flow bus lane: All buses to turn left onto Penton Rise, left onto King’s Cross Road, right into either Swinton Street or Acton Street, right onto Gray’s Inn Road.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any questions about the closure or the diversion should call 0845 305 1234.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 9 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket