Koscielny and Jenkinson set for Arsenal exits as transfer deadline looms
- Credit: Archant
Wantaway Arsenal captain Laurent Koscielny and long-serving defender Carl Jenkinson are both set to leave the club ahead of Thursday’s transfer window deadline.
The Gunners have agreed a £4.6 million deal with French side Bordeaux for Koscielny to return to his homeland after a summer of upheaval at the Emirates.
The 33-year-old defender refused to travel on the club's pre-season tour after Arsenal denied his request to leave the club on free - something he expected to happen because of his service to the club.
Unai Emery has tried to convince Koscielny to stay, but sources in France say he will have a medical at Bordeaux today.
The centre-back joined Arsenal from Lorient in 2010, going on to make 353 appearances in north London.
You may also want to watch:
Jenkinson is also expected to leave the Emirates in the coming days, with Nottingham Forest in talks over a deal for the right-back.
Both the Gunners and the Championship side are confident the move will be completed before Thursday's 5pm transfer deadline, with a fee in the region of £2 million set to take the ex-Charlton man to the City Ground.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
Jenkinson's departure is part of a clearout at the Emirates over the past week, with squad players Takuma Asano and Krystian Bielik joining Partizan Belgrade and Derby County respectively.