La Clave Fest, Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
London’s biggest Latin festival fuses food, DJs, music in dance in one glorious free celebration
This weekend's all sewn up with a free festival of all things Latin in Finsbury Park.
From DJs to dance acts, live music to street food and cocktails La Clave promises fun in the sun.
It started four years ago as part of the Crouch End Festival, but has blossomed to become London's largest Latin celebration.
Founder and Crouch End resident Amaranta Wright says "Clave Fest has proven so popular that Haringey Council gave us Finsbury Park to host London's only free Latin festival. After years of commercial events in the park that have proved unpopular with local residents, Haringey is giving them a free, not-for-profit event featuring young home-grown Latin talent from North London and showcasing the best of UK based Latin and Spanish music and dance."
You may also want to watch:
Also supported by the Arts Council and the Mayor of London the festival is named after the founding beat of afro-Latin music.
The line up from 12-9pm on August 3 includes headliners Rene Alvarez and his Cuban Combination.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 6 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Islington dog stars in film that will be shown at London Film Festival
Also on the bill is Angelica Lopez y su Papayera one of Europe's most unique Colombian Folk acts, Nazari Sound, formed by three Colombian brothers, Ces, Juán & Nené Nazari, who fuse Jazz, Blues, Funk, Colombian Folk, Camden's own Desta French, the London Tango Orchestra. London School of Samba, troubadour Beto Caletti and crowdpleasing dance routines courtesy of Latin Fun Machine.