La Soir�e - REVIEW
The team behind cabaret sensation La Clique launch a raunchy new show at Magic Mirrors on the Southbank, SE1
WHAT could be camper than a tent full of cabaret artists erected behind the National Theatre?
Roll up roll up - from the team that brought us La Clique comes its new incarnation, La Soir�e, which has erected itself and its unique brand of variety in a bespoke tent behind the National Theatre in time for the festive season.
If you have seen La Clique and are expecting more of the same style of cheeky cabaret, be warned: a lot of it is exactly the same.
Bendy man Captain Frodo performs eye-watering contortions with two tennis racquets and a stack of tins.
You may also want to watch:
Betty Boop-esque Miss Behave displays her asbestos tongue and an unnerving predilection for sticking pointy objects down her gullet. David O’Mer’s steamy bath-n-ballet sequence leaves seats (and not a few ringside punters) damp and the English Gents demonstrate various displays of strength without so much as a wobble of their bowler hats.
Amongst the newcomers, comedienne Mooky’s star struck lovers improvisation involving an unsuspecting male audience participant deservedly attracted the biggest laughs of the night, and the sight and sound of the wonderfully camp puppet divas of the Cabaret Decadanse had everyone grooving in their seats.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
Same tricks, different venue, but still raucously entertaining.