Latest addition to London’s cultural landscape to open in Old Steet
Culture vultures will have a brand new hangout this week as a top nightspot launches its latest space.
Trendy Old Street venue XOYO is opening a cultural hub that will host art, film, music and a carefully crafted drinks roster stocked with premium cocktails and homegrown London beers.
Those behind the venture – dubbed simply XO – say it will rival the best arts centres London has to offer.
Based in Cowper Street on XOYO’s upper floor, it will double up as a caf� and gallery by day before transforming into a bar and music venue after nightfall.
The kitchen will serve up sandwiches, pastries and freshly ground coffee from 7.30am to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Legendary DJ Andrew Weatherall will take to the turntables to break in the sound system – along with a host of other acts – when the doors are thrown open for the first time tomorrow (Thursday).
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?