Latest addition to London’s cultural landscape to open in Old Steet
Culture vultures will have a brand new hangout this week as a top nightspot launches its latest space.
Trendy Old Street venue XOYO is opening a cultural hub that will host art, film, music and a carefully crafted drinks roster stocked with premium cocktails and homegrown London beers.
Those behind the venture – dubbed simply XO – say it will rival the best arts centres London has to offer.
Based in Cowper Street on XOYO’s upper floor, it will double up as a caf� and gallery by day before transforming into a bar and music venue after nightfall.
The kitchen will serve up sandwiches, pastries and freshly ground coffee from 7.30am to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Legendary DJ Andrew Weatherall will take to the turntables to break in the sound system – along with a host of other acts – when the doors are thrown open for the first time tomorrow (Thursday).
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 8 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Islington district seal victory over Camden