Latest addition to London’s cultural landscape to open in Old Steet
Culture vultures will have a brand new hangout this week as a top nightspot launches its latest space.
Trendy Old Street venue XOYO is opening a cultural hub that will host art, film, music and a carefully crafted drinks roster stocked with premium cocktails and homegrown London beers.
Those behind the venture – dubbed simply XO – say it will rival the best arts centres London has to offer.
Based in Cowper Street on XOYO’s upper floor, it will double up as a caf� and gallery by day before transforming into a bar and music venue after nightfall.
The kitchen will serve up sandwiches, pastries and freshly ground coffee from 7.30am to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Legendary DJ Andrew Weatherall will take to the turntables to break in the sound system – along with a host of other acts – when the doors are thrown open for the first time tomorrow (Thursday).
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 9 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 10 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday