Law student wins prestigious legal award
- Credit: Terry Harris Photography
A high-flying trainee barrister has won a top industry legal award.
Lukas Hamilton Eddy, 25, a postgraduate student at City University in Northampton Square, Finsbury, fought off stiff competition to get the prestigious title of Future Legal Mind 2015, as well as a £5,000 prize and a coveted placement with solicitors Colemans-ctts.
He impressed the judges with his “original and sharp legal insight” with his study responding about how he felt the provision of legal services should change over the next 10 years – and his work has now been published by leading industry publication Lawyer2B.com.
Mr Hamilton Eddy, who lives in Kensington, accepted his award from National Accident Helpline at a lunch ceremony in the Old Court Room at the historic Lincoln’s Inn in Chancery Lane.
He said: “I’m absolutely delighted to have won. I’d like to thank the judging panel as well as my friends and family who have supported me to date.”
You may also want to watch:
Janet Tilley, national managing partner at Colemans-ctts, said: “We have been thrilled to team up with National Accident Helpline to provide this exceptional opportunity for young lawyers. The judging panel was blown away by the wealth of talent uncovered, and we were particularly impressed by Lukas’ crystal-clear commitment to the principle of access to justice.
“Lukas can expect his placement at Colemans-ctts to give him the best possible start to his career in law, and we look forward to welcoming him to our London office this summer.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade