Law student wins prestigious legal award
- Credit: Terry Harris Photography
A high-flying trainee barrister has won a top industry legal award.
Lukas Hamilton Eddy, 25, a postgraduate student at City University in Northampton Square, Finsbury, fought off stiff competition to get the prestigious title of Future Legal Mind 2015, as well as a £5,000 prize and a coveted placement with solicitors Colemans-ctts.
He impressed the judges with his “original and sharp legal insight” with his study responding about how he felt the provision of legal services should change over the next 10 years – and his work has now been published by leading industry publication Lawyer2B.com.
Mr Hamilton Eddy, who lives in Kensington, accepted his award from National Accident Helpline at a lunch ceremony in the Old Court Room at the historic Lincoln’s Inn in Chancery Lane.
He said: “I’m absolutely delighted to have won. I’d like to thank the judging panel as well as my friends and family who have supported me to date.”
You may also want to watch:
Janet Tilley, national managing partner at Colemans-ctts, said: “We have been thrilled to team up with National Accident Helpline to provide this exceptional opportunity for young lawyers. The judging panel was blown away by the wealth of talent uncovered, and we were particularly impressed by Lukas’ crystal-clear commitment to the principle of access to justice.
“Lukas can expect his placement at Colemans-ctts to give him the best possible start to his career in law, and we look forward to welcoming him to our London office this summer.”
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all