Leicester City v Arsenal: your best bets
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
While pundits were gushing in their praise for the Premier League’s opening weekend, Arsenal were pilloried for losing 4-3 to Liverpool, a result that looked improbable as the Gunners dominated the opening 44 minutes – and missed a penalty.
Caught unawares by the rejuvenated Merseysiders in a 20-minute spell that cost them the match, Arsenal face another tough encounter at champions Leicester City on Saturday (5.30pm) – but they kick off as Marathonbet’s 7/5 favourites.
Favourites after an opening-day defeat?
Well, yes. While the stalemate, priced at 13/5 by BetVictor.com, cannot be discounted, it’s worth taking note of the research completed by bettingexpert.com which shows that Arsenal have won seven and drawn three of their last 10 contests against the Foxes.
Punters can get 14/5 (Coral) against the Gunners being in front after half an hour, while Paddy Power post an eye-catching 7/2 about them winning when kicking off with a one-goal deficit.
An Alexis Sanchez hat-trick proved the difference last time the sides met at the King Power Stadium and backers expecting Arsenal to kick-start their campaign with a win can get 3/1 (Betway) against them leading at 45 and 90 minutes – as they did in the same contest last term.
Odds supplied by www.smartbets.com, the customisable odds comparison site
Arsenal to score more than 1.5 goals: 11/10, Coral
- 1 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 4 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 5 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 8 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 9 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 10 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
Arsenal to lead 1-0 at half-time: 7/2, Bwin
Arsenal win 2-0: 14/1, William Hill