Let battle commence as Islington heads to polling day
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Gazette to hold hustings and online question time
With six weeks left until polling day, the Gazette is launching its coverage of the general election – and we want you to get involved.
We will bring you in-depth analysis of all the key battlegrounds and the latest news from the campaign trail as you decide which candidates you want to represent you for the next five years.
We will be hosting two hustings - one for Islington North on April 9 at a venue to be confirmed, and April 13, in conjunction with Sadler’s Wells Theatre, in Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury, for Islington South and Finsbury.
And for the first time, we will invite candidates to take part in for our own social media evening on Monday April 27 – giving readers the chance to grill them on the issues that matter to you.
Are you concerned about housing in Islington? Or youth crime in the borough?
You may also want to watch:
Each candidate will be put in the hot seat for a live Q&A session, where they will be quizzed by you, the readers, over education issues, health care and everything else that is important to you.
Gazette editor Aimee Brannen said: “Islington is a vibrant borough politically and our news team is looking forward to reporting on the cut and thrust of election time. Events like our social media evenings and hustings aim to give people the chance to contribute and really get to grips with the issues that matter to them.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
Send your questions for the social media evening to firstname.lastname@example.org or keep reading our election coverage to find out how you can ask questions on the night via Twitter and Facebook.
See tomorrow’s paper for more info about both the borough’s main candidates.