Discount card for independent traders launches in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A discount card supporting local independent businesses has expanded into Islington.
The Local Buyers Club, which already offers deals at more than 130 businesses across north and east London, is now working with shops and restaurants in the borough.
They include Galley, Vivo, Salut, Little Bat Bar, Tootoomoo, Farang, Lucky Voice and Planet Organic.
The cards cost £12 a year and members get between 10 per cent and 30pc off.
Co-founder Basil Fansa said: “With rising rents and a huge surge in business rates, times are extremely challenging for independent businesses here. Expanding into Islington was the natural next step.
You may also want to watch:
“Independent businesses are what give our high streets their character and when you shop at them much more of the money makes it back into the local economy.”
Founders Basil and Jenna Fansa also run the Winter Toy Appeal, which collects gifts for thousands of children across Hackney and Islington.
For a full list of retailers, click here.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault