Discount card for independent traders launches in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A discount card supporting local independent businesses has expanded into Islington.
The Local Buyers Club, which already offers deals at more than 130 businesses across north and east London, is now working with shops and restaurants in the borough.
They include Galley, Vivo, Salut, Little Bat Bar, Tootoomoo, Farang, Lucky Voice and Planet Organic.
The cards cost £12 a year and members get between 10 per cent and 30pc off.
Co-founder Basil Fansa said: “With rising rents and a huge surge in business rates, times are extremely challenging for independent businesses here. Expanding into Islington was the natural next step.
You may also want to watch:
“Independent businesses are what give our high streets their character and when you shop at them much more of the money makes it back into the local economy.”
Founders Basil and Jenna Fansa also run the Winter Toy Appeal, which collects gifts for thousands of children across Hackney and Islington.
For a full list of retailers, click here.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern