Discount card for independent traders launches in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A discount card supporting local independent businesses has expanded into Islington.
The Local Buyers Club, which already offers deals at more than 130 businesses across north and east London, is now working with shops and restaurants in the borough.
They include Galley, Vivo, Salut, Little Bat Bar, Tootoomoo, Farang, Lucky Voice and Planet Organic.
The cards cost £12 a year and members get between 10 per cent and 30pc off.
Co-founder Basil Fansa said: “With rising rents and a huge surge in business rates, times are extremely challenging for independent businesses here. Expanding into Islington was the natural next step.
“Independent businesses are what give our high streets their character and when you shop at them much more of the money makes it back into the local economy.”
Founders Basil and Jenna Fansa also run the Winter Toy Appeal, which collects gifts for thousands of children across Hackney and Islington.
For a full list of retailers, click here.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 5 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 6 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 7 Where to ice skate in London this winter
- 8 Poorer households in Islington could see council tax cut
- 9 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 10 Michael Palin Christmas carol fundraiser to support children who stammer