Barnsbury by-election: Labour hold seat
- Credit: Archant
Labour candidate Rowena Champion won yesterday’s Barnsbury by-election with 51 per cent of the vote.
The poll was called after James Murray resigned to join Mayor of London Sadiq Khan as City Hall’s housing boss.
Turnout was 2,316: 25 per cent of the electorate.
The results were as follows:
Rowena Champion (Labour) - 1,192
You may also want to watch:
Bradley Hillier-Smith (Liberal Democrat) - 409
Edward Waldegrave (Conservative) - 367
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
Ernestas Jegorovas (Green) - 302
Robert Capper (independent) - 40