Barnsbury by-election: Labour hold seat
- Credit: Archant
Labour candidate Rowena Champion won yesterday’s Barnsbury by-election with 51 per cent of the vote.
The poll was called after James Murray resigned to join Mayor of London Sadiq Khan as City Hall’s housing boss.
Turnout was 2,316: 25 per cent of the electorate.
The results were as follows:
Rowena Champion (Labour) - 1,192
Bradley Hillier-Smith (Liberal Democrat) - 409
Edward Waldegrave (Conservative) - 367
- 1 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 2 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 3 Covid-19: How Islington's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 5 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 6 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 7 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 8 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 9 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 10 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
Ernestas Jegorovas (Green) - 302
Robert Capper (independent) - 40