Barnsbury by-election: Labour hold seat
- Credit: Archant
Labour candidate Rowena Champion won yesterday’s Barnsbury by-election with 51 per cent of the vote.
The poll was called after James Murray resigned to join Mayor of London Sadiq Khan as City Hall’s housing boss.
Turnout was 2,316: 25 per cent of the electorate.
The results were as follows:
Rowena Champion (Labour) - 1,192
You may also want to watch:
Bradley Hillier-Smith (Liberal Democrat) - 409
Edward Waldegrave (Conservative) - 367
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
Ernestas Jegorovas (Green) - 302
Robert Capper (independent) - 40