‘Davey Cameron is a pie’ - Jeremy Corbyn Twitter account hacked
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Islington North MP Jeremy Corbyn’s Twitter account was hijacked by a hacker who used it to brand the Prime Minister “a pie”.
The Labour leader’s account was infiltrated shortly after 9pm last night, when it started broadcasting a series of bizarre messages.
In one post the hacker poked fun at Mr Corbyn’s well-known opposition to Trident, Britain’s nuclear missile programme, by writing: “F*** trident”.
And in another they mocked Prime Minister David Cameron by writing: “davey cameron is a pie”.
And another message to the Labour leader’s 384,000 followers started: “Here we ... here we ... here we f***ing go!!!”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Corbyn’s team quickly regained control of the @jeremycorbyn account.
“At least they weren’t subtle,” a source said.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 6 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 7 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 8 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans