‘Davey Cameron is a pie’ - Jeremy Corbyn Twitter account hacked
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Islington North MP Jeremy Corbyn’s Twitter account was hijacked by a hacker who used it to brand the Prime Minister “a pie”.
The Labour leader’s account was infiltrated shortly after 9pm last night, when it started broadcasting a series of bizarre messages.
In one post the hacker poked fun at Mr Corbyn’s well-known opposition to Trident, Britain’s nuclear missile programme, by writing: “F*** trident”.
And in another they mocked Prime Minister David Cameron by writing: “davey cameron is a pie”.
And another message to the Labour leader’s 384,000 followers started: “Here we ... here we ... here we f***ing go!!!”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Corbyn’s team quickly regained control of the @jeremycorbyn account.
“At least they weren’t subtle,” a source said.
- 1 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 2 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 3 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 4 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 5 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 6 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 7 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 8 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Whittington Hospital
- 9 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 10 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment