Donald Trump petition: Islington North has second-highest rate of anti-Trump backing in UK
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
One in 16 people in Jeremy Corbyn’s Islington North constituency has backed a petition urging the government not to let US president Donald Trump visit the Queen.
As of 11.45am, 6,727 people – 6.2 per cent of the constituency population – had signed the petition calling for Mr Trump to be prevented from making a UK state visit in the wake of his immigration clampdown.
That proportion put it second in the UK – behind only Brighton Pavilion’s 6.3pc.
Mr Corbyn himself has urged people to sign the petition, which passed the one million mark at about 10am and will be debated in Parliament.
In Emily Thornberry’s Islington South and Finsbury constituency, 5,513 people – 4.9 pc of the population – had signed.
You may also want to watch:
Did you sign the petition? Let us know why: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern