Get details about bad air days in Islington via text
A mobile phone app is offering free pollution forecasts.
Islington Council helped to develop the airTEXT software for smartphones to give two-day forecasts for UV index, pollen, temperature and air quality.
There is also a new Twitter account for each of the 33 London boroughs as well as an improved website.
The airTEXT consortium is led by Islington Council and includes all London boroughs, Slough Borough Council, the Greater London Authority, the Environment Agency and Health Protection Agency.
Cllr Paul Smith, Islington Council’s executive member for environment, said: “We want to help residents lead healthy and active lives.
You may also want to watch:
“The new airTEXT app, Twitter alerts and website will make it easier for people to find out about pollution forecasts in Islington and across London.”
The services will be helpful for people who suffer from asthma, hayfever, bronchitis, emphysema, heart disease or angina.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
n Follow airtext_ISLNGTN on Twitter or visit www.airtext.info for how to download the app or to get free updates.