Get details about bad air days in Islington via text
A mobile phone app is offering free pollution forecasts.
Islington Council helped to develop the airTEXT software for smartphones to give two-day forecasts for UV index, pollen, temperature and air quality.
There is also a new Twitter account for each of the 33 London boroughs as well as an improved website.
The airTEXT consortium is led by Islington Council and includes all London boroughs, Slough Borough Council, the Greater London Authority, the Environment Agency and Health Protection Agency.
Cllr Paul Smith, Islington Council’s executive member for environment, said: “We want to help residents lead healthy and active lives.
You may also want to watch:
“The new airTEXT app, Twitter alerts and website will make it easier for people to find out about pollution forecasts in Islington and across London.”
The services will be helpful for people who suffer from asthma, hayfever, bronchitis, emphysema, heart disease or angina.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
n Follow airtext_ISLNGTN on Twitter or visit www.airtext.info for how to download the app or to get free updates.