Get details about bad air days in Islington via text
A mobile phone app is offering free pollution forecasts.
Islington Council helped to develop the airTEXT software for smartphones to give two-day forecasts for UV index, pollen, temperature and air quality.
There is also a new Twitter account for each of the 33 London boroughs as well as an improved website.
The airTEXT consortium is led by Islington Council and includes all London boroughs, Slough Borough Council, the Greater London Authority, the Environment Agency and Health Protection Agency.
Cllr Paul Smith, Islington Council’s executive member for environment, said: “We want to help residents lead healthy and active lives.
“The new airTEXT app, Twitter alerts and website will make it easier for people to find out about pollution forecasts in Islington and across London.”
The services will be helpful for people who suffer from asthma, hayfever, bronchitis, emphysema, heart disease or angina.
- 1 When the Arsenal team had tea with the Queen in Buckingham Palace
- 2 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 5 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 6 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
- 7 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 9 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 10 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
n Follow airtext_ISLNGTN on Twitter or visit www.airtext.info for how to download the app or to get free updates.