Islington Council elections: Overall turnout announced
- Credit: Archant
The overall turnout figure in Islington has been announced.
There were 59,597 verified votes counted, forming 38.4 per cent of the total electorate in the borough.
Highbury East saw the highest turnout, and the lowest was in the Bunhill ward.
The number of voters is down on the last election in 2010 when the turnout was 61.9 per cent, but this was the year of the general election which attracts a higher interest.
In 2006, the last time when voters were only voting for local councillors, there was a 33 per cent turnout.
You may also want to watch:
Full turnout results:
Highbury East: 4051 (44%)
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 8 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
Hillrise: 3708 (42%)
Clerkenwell: 3183 (38%)
Mildmay: 3575 (37%)
St Mary’s: 3259 (36%)
Canonbury: 3364 (37%)
St George’s: 3929 (42%)
Finsbury Park: 3993 (37%)
Junction: 3498 (38%)
Highbury West: 4749 (40%)
Caledonian: 3589 (37%)
St Peter’s 3525 (38%)
Holloway: 4135 (40%)
Barnsbury: 3614 (40%)
Tollington: 3890 (39%)
Bunhill: 3535 (34%)