Islington Council elections: Overall turnout announced
- Credit: Archant
The overall turnout figure in Islington has been announced.
There were 59,597 verified votes counted, forming 38.4 per cent of the total electorate in the borough.
Highbury East saw the highest turnout, and the lowest was in the Bunhill ward.
The number of voters is down on the last election in 2010 when the turnout was 61.9 per cent, but this was the year of the general election which attracts a higher interest.
In 2006, the last time when voters were only voting for local councillors, there was a 33 per cent turnout.
You may also want to watch:
Full turnout results:
Highbury East: 4051 (44%)
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 4 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
Hillrise: 3708 (42%)
Clerkenwell: 3183 (38%)
Mildmay: 3575 (37%)
St Mary’s: 3259 (36%)
Canonbury: 3364 (37%)
St George’s: 3929 (42%)
Finsbury Park: 3993 (37%)
Junction: 3498 (38%)
Highbury West: 4749 (40%)
Caledonian: 3589 (37%)
St Peter’s 3525 (38%)
Holloway: 4135 (40%)
Barnsbury: 3614 (40%)
Tollington: 3890 (39%)
Bunhill: 3535 (34%)