Islington Council wants help naming Archway town centre – but Squarey McSquareface probably won’t happen
- Credit: Archant
People have a few more days to suggest a name for Archway’s new town centre.
As reported in the Gazette last week, Islington North MP Jeremy Corbyn officially opened the now-pedestrianised public space.
Islington Council is inviting members of the public to suggest a name before Sunday’s deadline.
Suggestions have included Squarey McSquareface and Archway Island.
Non-sensible ideas are likely to be filtered out, however. All names will be checked with London Fire Brigade, Royal Mail and the council’s address team before a shortlist is compiled. In any case, the council will have the final say. The chosen name is expected to be announced late this autumn.
You may also want to watch:
The shortlist will be annnounced on September 16 at Archway Your Way, an event at the space featuring live music, market stalls and more attractions.
To suggest a name, email email@example.com
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller