Islington Council wants help naming Archway town centre – but Squarey McSquareface probably won’t happen
- Credit: Archant
People have a few more days to suggest a name for Archway’s new town centre.
As reported in the Gazette last week, Islington North MP Jeremy Corbyn officially opened the now-pedestrianised public space.
Islington Council is inviting members of the public to suggest a name before Sunday’s deadline.
Suggestions have included Squarey McSquareface and Archway Island.
Non-sensible ideas are likely to be filtered out, however. All names will be checked with London Fire Brigade, Royal Mail and the council’s address team before a shortlist is compiled. In any case, the council will have the final say. The chosen name is expected to be announced late this autumn.
You may also want to watch:
The shortlist will be annnounced on September 16 at Archway Your Way, an event at the space featuring live music, market stalls and more attractions.
To suggest a name, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington