Islington’s new Mayor Cllr Kat Fletcher has knife crime in her sights
- Credit: Archant
Cllr Kat Fletcher has been formally appointed Mayor of Islington.
In a statement today the new mayor, who is a councillor in the St George’s ward, said: “I am delighted to become the Mayor of Islington, which really is a tremendous honour.”
Throughout her year in office Cllr Fletcher will be supporting and raising funds for the Ben Kinsella Trust, which tackles knife crime across London.
“Tackling knife crime and keeping our young people safe are massive priorities for the council, and the Ben Kinsella Trust does invaluable work in this area,” she said.
Una O’Halloran, councillor for Caledonian ward, has been announced as the deputy mayor.
You may also want to watch:
Pick up a copy of the Gazette on May 25 for a full interview with the new Mayor as she outlines her plans for the year ahead.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 5 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 6 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 9 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green