Islington’s new Mayor Cllr Kat Fletcher has knife crime in her sights
- Credit: Archant
Cllr Kat Fletcher has been formally appointed Mayor of Islington.
In a statement today the new mayor, who is a councillor in the St George’s ward, said: “I am delighted to become the Mayor of Islington, which really is a tremendous honour.”
Throughout her year in office Cllr Fletcher will be supporting and raising funds for the Ben Kinsella Trust, which tackles knife crime across London.
“Tackling knife crime and keeping our young people safe are massive priorities for the council, and the Ben Kinsella Trust does invaluable work in this area,” she said.
Una O’Halloran, councillor for Caledonian ward, has been announced as the deputy mayor.
Pick up a copy of the Gazette on May 25 for a full interview with the new Mayor as she outlines her plans for the year ahead.
- 1 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 6 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 7 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 8 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 9 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids