Mayoral hustings: We put your questions to the candidates hoping to take London’s top job
- Credit: Archant
Your chance to quiz the seven top candidates running for Mayor of London in May is here.
Over the last few weeks, we have been collating your questions for the people hoping to replace Boris Johnson and take the capital’s top job.
You told us you wanted to ask questions about topics such as homelessness, the minimum wage and health – and a selection of the best, taken straight from your messages, will be posed from 6pm in our online hustings.
Frontrunners Sadiq Khan (Labour) and Zac Goldsmith (Con) will be joined by Caroline Pidgeon (Lib Dem), Sian Berry (Green), Peter Whittle (Ukip), George Galloway (Respect) and Sophie Walker (Women’s Equality Party).
They will have up to five minutes to answer each question as fully as possible.
You may also want to watch:
You’ll be able to read a transcript of the hour-long event right here from 7pm – or you can pick up this week’s paper for a quick read of the highlights.
The London mayoral election will take place on May 5.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 5 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Islington district seal victory over Camden