Mayoral hustings: We put your questions to the candidates hoping to take London’s top job
- Credit: Archant
Your chance to quiz the seven top candidates running for Mayor of London in May is here.
Over the last few weeks, we have been collating your questions for the people hoping to replace Boris Johnson and take the capital’s top job.
You told us you wanted to ask questions about topics such as homelessness, the minimum wage and health – and a selection of the best, taken straight from your messages, will be posed from 6pm in our online hustings.
Frontrunners Sadiq Khan (Labour) and Zac Goldsmith (Con) will be joined by Caroline Pidgeon (Lib Dem), Sian Berry (Green), Peter Whittle (Ukip), George Galloway (Respect) and Sophie Walker (Women’s Equality Party).
They will have up to five minutes to answer each question as fully as possible.
You may also want to watch:
You’ll be able to read a transcript of the hour-long event right here from 7pm – or you can pick up this week’s paper for a quick read of the highlights.
The London mayoral election will take place on May 5.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 6 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 7 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 8 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 'Welcome home': Inside Upper Street's newest social hangout