Single parent waiting for refund from Islington housing association
A single parent wrongfully charged a huge sum of rent says he has been waiting months for a refund.
Ash Youseff, 34, overpaid �1,400 in housing benefit to Genesis Housing Association after a miscalculation when he was studying and looking after his seven-year-old daughter, Jasmine.
The error occurred between 2007 and 2012 when he lived on the Highbury Quadrant Estate and the Gridlestone Estate in Archway.
Mr Youseff moved to the council-owned Milner Square in February and has been asking for his money back since then. He said: “I am a single parent and things can be difficult financially. This money would help a great deal.”
A Genesis spokesman said: “Genesis has been in contact with Mr Youssef up to three times a week regarding his account. Once housing benefit confirmed there was a credit we carried out the correct procedure, which is requested by law, to process his refund.
You may also want to watch:
‘‘The time it takes to process the refund is standard and it is not true that we have delayed payment. We have explained this frequently to Mr Youssef.”
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods