Top policeman and council leader gear up for Gazette webchat
Residents will have the chance to grill the borough’s top officer and the leader of Islington Council in a live webchat next week.
Borough commander Simon Corkill and Cllr Catherine West will field questions during the event, to be held in partnership with the Gazette next Thursday.
It will provide a unique opportunity for the borough’s residents to ask those in charge about policing or council issues in their neighbourhoods and follows the success of the first live Islington Police webchat held in conjunction with the Gazette in January.
Back then, issues hot on the agenda included irresponsible driving affecting cyclists, gang problems on estates and the soaring number of mobile phone thefts in the borough, as well as last summer’s riots and the forthcoming Olympics.
As many questions as possible will be answered during the event, from 6.30pm to 8pm. Supt Corkill said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for the police and council to come together and answer questions and concerns that affect residents.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr West added: “We’re committed to a safer Islington with less crime and antisocial behaviour. We work very closely with police and this web chat offers a new way to contact us directly.”
To take part in the live webchat, with the option to remain anonymous, visit www.islingtongazette.co.uk between 6.30 and 8pm next Thursday. Alternatively, you can submit questions in advance by email to email@example.com or on Twitter via #AskIslington
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules