Top policeman and council leader gear up for Gazette webchat
Residents will have the chance to grill the borough’s top officer and the leader of Islington Council in a live webchat next week.
Borough commander Simon Corkill and Cllr Catherine West will field questions during the event, to be held in partnership with the Gazette next Thursday.
It will provide a unique opportunity for the borough’s residents to ask those in charge about policing or council issues in their neighbourhoods and follows the success of the first live Islington Police webchat held in conjunction with the Gazette in January.
Back then, issues hot on the agenda included irresponsible driving affecting cyclists, gang problems on estates and the soaring number of mobile phone thefts in the borough, as well as last summer’s riots and the forthcoming Olympics.
As many questions as possible will be answered during the event, from 6.30pm to 8pm. Supt Corkill said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for the police and council to come together and answer questions and concerns that affect residents.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr West added: “We’re committed to a safer Islington with less crime and antisocial behaviour. We work very closely with police and this web chat offers a new way to contact us directly.”
To take part in the live webchat, with the option to remain anonymous, visit www.islingtongazette.co.uk between 6.30 and 8pm next Thursday. Alternatively, you can submit questions in advance by email to email@example.com or on Twitter via #AskIslington
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6