Win a free wedding at Islington Town Hall
A lucky couple can get married for free at Islington Town Hall.
The council is staging an open day at the Upper Street building on Tuesday advertising its facilities for weddings and civil partnerships.
And it is offering people the chance to enter a prize draw and win a ceremony there.
More than 20 exhibitors from wedding suppliers including jewellers, florists and restaurants along with staff from Islington Council’s registrar service will be present.
Visitors can take a guided tour and see the carved oak panelled ceremony rooms, sweeping marble staircase, striking assembly hall and plush red carpets.
The Islington Registrars Department is also providing information and taking bookings for services at its 30 licensed venues.
Last year the Town Hall staged more than 1,000 celebrations including newlyweds Joanna Kite and Matthew McCalla in May.
- 1 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 2 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 3 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 4 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 5 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 6 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 7 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 8 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 9 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 10 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
She said: “The Mayor’s Parlour was perfect for an intimate ceremony with lots of character.
“We had a wonderful day. The venue was a stunning setting for photographs.”
The civil ceremonies open day runs between 4.30pm and 8.30pm.
To enter the prize draw which takes place this Friday June 1 email firstname.lastname@example.org.