Win a free wedding at Islington Town Hall
A lucky couple can get married for free at Islington Town Hall.
The council is staging an open day at the Upper Street building on Tuesday advertising its facilities for weddings and civil partnerships.
And it is offering people the chance to enter a prize draw and win a ceremony there.
More than 20 exhibitors from wedding suppliers including jewellers, florists and restaurants along with staff from Islington Council’s registrar service will be present.
Visitors can take a guided tour and see the carved oak panelled ceremony rooms, sweeping marble staircase, striking assembly hall and plush red carpets.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington Registrars Department is also providing information and taking bookings for services at its 30 licensed venues.
Last year the Town Hall staged more than 1,000 celebrations including newlyweds Joanna Kite and Matthew McCalla in May.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 3 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 4 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
She said: “The Mayor’s Parlour was perfect for an intimate ceremony with lots of character.
“We had a wonderful day. The venue was a stunning setting for photographs.”
The civil ceremonies open day runs between 4.30pm and 8.30pm.
To enter the prize draw which takes place this Friday June 1 email email@example.com.