Win a free wedding at Islington Town Hall
A lucky couple can get married for free at Islington Town Hall.
The council is staging an open day at the Upper Street building on Tuesday advertising its facilities for weddings and civil partnerships.
And it is offering people the chance to enter a prize draw and win a ceremony there.
More than 20 exhibitors from wedding suppliers including jewellers, florists and restaurants along with staff from Islington Council’s registrar service will be present.
Visitors can take a guided tour and see the carved oak panelled ceremony rooms, sweeping marble staircase, striking assembly hall and plush red carpets.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington Registrars Department is also providing information and taking bookings for services at its 30 licensed venues.
Last year the Town Hall staged more than 1,000 celebrations including newlyweds Joanna Kite and Matthew McCalla in May.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
She said: “The Mayor’s Parlour was perfect for an intimate ceremony with lots of character.
“We had a wonderful day. The venue was a stunning setting for photographs.”
The civil ceremonies open day runs between 4.30pm and 8.30pm.
To enter the prize draw which takes place this Friday June 1 email email@example.com.