Win a free wedding at Islington Town Hall
A lucky couple can get married for free at Islington Town Hall.
The council is staging an open day at the Upper Street building on Tuesday advertising its facilities for weddings and civil partnerships.
And it is offering people the chance to enter a prize draw and win a ceremony there.
More than 20 exhibitors from wedding suppliers including jewellers, florists and restaurants along with staff from Islington Council’s registrar service will be present.
Visitors can take a guided tour and see the carved oak panelled ceremony rooms, sweeping marble staircase, striking assembly hall and plush red carpets.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington Registrars Department is also providing information and taking bookings for services at its 30 licensed venues.
Last year the Town Hall staged more than 1,000 celebrations including newlyweds Joanna Kite and Matthew McCalla in May.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 7 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
She said: “The Mayor’s Parlour was perfect for an intimate ceremony with lots of character.
“We had a wonderful day. The venue was a stunning setting for photographs.”
The civil ceremonies open day runs between 4.30pm and 8.30pm.
To enter the prize draw which takes place this Friday June 1 email email@example.com.