Locals unwind at Clerkenwell holistic centre’s open day
- Credit: Archant
Emotional, physical and mental wellbeing was on the agenda at an open day for one of the borough’s top health centres on Wednesday.
Guests at Clerkenwellbeing in Goswell Road were treated to free talks from some of the UK and Europe’s leading holistic health-care practitioners, discounted yoga and Pilates classes, and complimentary taster treatments across a range of therapies.
The holistic haven was topped off by performers from Circus Space in Coronet Street who gave the occasion some theatrical flair.
Johny, a writer who attended the open day, said: “Clerkenwellbeing offers really good treatment in a nice, relaxed atmosphere.
“The care’s good, the advice is clear and the place is calm. I’ve been several times now and always come away feeling much better for it.”
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte Morgan, managing director, said: “Clerkenwellbeing isn’t a gym, it’s a warm and friendly environment in which locals can come to relax, unwind, de-stress, focus, and generally nurture themselves.
“We want to create a recognised community where people come to find and enjoy true well-being.”
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 8 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 9 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
- 10 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’