Lord Palmerston: Popular Tufnell Park pub WILL reopen in November despite scrawled sign in window, brewery confirms
- Credit: Archant
The owners of the Lord Palmerston have reassured customers the pub will open next month after refurbishment.
Young’s Brewery said it would begin refurbishing the pub, which has sat empty for three weeks, on October 16.
Customers raised concerns last week after a scribbled sign appeared in the pub window saying: “Pub now closed until further notice.”
A spokeswoman for the brewery said the pub in Dartmouth Park Hill, Tufnell Park, will reopen managed by Young’s pub company rather than by tenants as in the past.
She added: “Young’s take great pride in their rich and long-standing heritage, something that Lord Palmerston too packs in abundance.
You may also want to watch:
“From October 16, the pub will undergo a refurbishment, re-opening early November, and will serve fresh, seasonal, British food sourced from around the south east of England, alongside a range of premium drinks, from craft ales and beers to quality spirits.”
She added: “We look forward to welcoming locals once again, ensuring the Lord Palmerston is a pub for the whole community to enjoy.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension