Lorry driver hits pedestrian in City Road
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver hit a cyclist in City Road this afternoon.
Police were called at 12.44pm to reports of a collision between a lorry and a woman.
Her injuries are neither "life-threatening or life-changing", according to the Met Police.
Police originally thought the injured woman was a pedestrian but have since confirmed she was on a bike.
City Road was closed in both directions but has since been reopened to traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Regan King, who witnessed the aftermath of the incident, told the Gazette: "When I saw the truck I thought, maybe it hit a cyclist. I looked under and actually saw the bicycle under the second left wheel. I don't know how she survived."
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email email@example.com
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020