Lorry driver hits pedestrian in City Road
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver hit a cyclist in City Road this afternoon.
Police were called at 12.44pm to reports of a collision between a lorry and a woman.
Her injuries are neither "life-threatening or life-changing", according to the Met Police.
Police originally thought the injured woman was a pedestrian but have since confirmed she was on a bike.
City Road was closed in both directions but has since been reopened to traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Regan King, who witnessed the aftermath of the incident, told the Gazette: "When I saw the truck I thought, maybe it hit a cyclist. I looked under and actually saw the bicycle under the second left wheel. I don't know how she survived."
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter