Love Island presenter Caroline Flack found dead
- Credit: PA
Caroline Flack has died at the age of 40, her family has said in a statement.
It is understood she was found at her new flat in east London.
The family statement said: "We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today, the 15th of February.
"We would ask that the press respect the privacy of the family at this difficult time and we would ask they make no attempt to contact us and/or photograph us."
The Love Island star stepped down from presenting the show after she was alleged to have assaulted her boyfriend Lewis Burton 27, at her then flat in Islington, north London, in December.
You may also want to watch:
She entered a not guilty plea to the assault charge at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court and she was released on bail with conditions that stopped her having any contact with Burton ahead of a trial in March.
Davina McCall was among those paying tribute.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
She tweeted: "I'm so, so sad to hear about @carolineflack1.
"I don't even know what to say. But my heart goes out to her friends and family x I might be a bit quiet tonight on social media .. just doesn't seem right."