Love Island presenter Caroline Flack found dead
- Credit: PA
Caroline Flack has died at the age of 40, her family has said in a statement.
It is understood she was found at her new flat in east London.
The family statement said: "We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today, the 15th of February.
"We would ask that the press respect the privacy of the family at this difficult time and we would ask they make no attempt to contact us and/or photograph us."
The Love Island star stepped down from presenting the show after she was alleged to have assaulted her boyfriend Lewis Burton 27, at her then flat in Islington, north London, in December.
You may also want to watch:
She entered a not guilty plea to the assault charge at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court and she was released on bail with conditions that stopped her having any contact with Burton ahead of a trial in March.
Davina McCall was among those paying tribute.
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 5 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients
She tweeted: "I'm so, so sad to hear about @carolineflack1.
"I don't even know what to say. But my heart goes out to her friends and family x I might be a bit quiet tonight on social media .. just doesn't seem right."