Love Island presenter Caroline Flack found dead
- Credit: PA
Caroline Flack has died at the age of 40, her family has said in a statement.
It is understood she was found at her new flat in east London.
The family statement said: "We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today, the 15th of February.
"We would ask that the press respect the privacy of the family at this difficult time and we would ask they make no attempt to contact us and/or photograph us."
The Love Island star stepped down from presenting the show after she was alleged to have assaulted her boyfriend Lewis Burton 27, at her then flat in Islington, north London, in December.
You may also want to watch:
She entered a not guilty plea to the assault charge at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court and she was released on bail with conditions that stopped her having any contact with Burton ahead of a trial in March.
Davina McCall was among those paying tribute.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
She tweeted: "I'm so, so sad to hear about @carolineflack1.
"I don't even know what to say. But my heart goes out to her friends and family x I might be a bit quiet tonight on social media .. just doesn't seem right."