Lucas Torreira – I’m looking forward to ‘new adventure’ with Arsenal
- Credit: Archant
Lucas Torreira has signed for Arsenal in a £25 million deal on a five-year contract.
The wait is finally over. Arsenal have signed Uruguay World Cup star Lucas Torreira from Serie A side Sampdoria in a £25 million deal on a five-year-contract.
Read on for a Q&A with the Uruguay star after he spoke to Arsenal.com on Tuesday afternoon.
How excited are you to be an Arsenal player?
I feel very happy. I want to make the most of this opportunity life has given me. I am really looking forward to starting this new adventure.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal fans have been tracking your flight to London online – what do you think of that?
No, I didn’t know about it, but I am here and I will see them all soon.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 7 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
For a while I’ve been receiving loads of messages in my social media accounts.
I guess it’s all down to the fact there were talks of me moving to Arsenal even before the World Cup started.
I am very happy and I hope I can meet all the fans very soon.
I feel calm. I am used to coping with this kind of thing in the best possible way.
It’s a very positive thing that people want to welcome me. It makes me feel comfortable.
Now I am calm and I look forward to the future, which for sure will be very nice.
How proud are you to represent your country, Uruguay?
I feel very proud of it, it all turned out great for me.
I wasn’t part of the team during the World Cup qualifiers, but eventually I made it to the World Cup.
It was marvellous to experience World Cup moments with the Uruguay squad family. I tried to enjoy the World Cup as much as I could.
Arsenal fans enjoyed the footage of you at the World Cup challenging Cristiano Ronaldo...
That was one of the games I enjoyed the most. We made a terrific effort against Portugal and we ended up winning the game and qualifying for the quarter-finals.
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29 and join the Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page for all your latest Gunners news.