Luis Enrique installed as latest favourite to become next Arsenal boss after Arsene Wenger’s departure
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Luis Enrique has moved into pole position as the bookies favourite to become the next Arsenal manager according to the latest prices from Betway.
The former Barcelona boss’ odds have tumbled from 14/1 to 5/2 after surge of bets.
Patrick Vieria had been installed as the immediate favourite in the hours after the club announced the news Wenger would be leaving the club at the end of this season.
However the market has been fluctuating wildly since with a host of other possible candidates all being priced downwards.
Betway’s Alan Alger, said: “Despite being constantly linked with Chelsea over the past few months, Luis Enrique is the one that everyone’s been backing for the Arsenal job over the weekend and he’s now our clear favourite to take over from Arsene Wenger.
“Enrique was as big as 14/1 when Wenger’s departure was confirmed, but he’s been backed into the 5/2 with punters seemingly viewing him as the man to take the Emirates hot seat.
“Current Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers and former Gunner Patrick Vieira were both early frontrunners for the job last week but support for that pair has cooled off and they’re now as big as 7/1 and 8/1 respectively.”
- 1 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 2 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 5 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 6 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 7 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 8 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 9 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 10 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
Next Arsenal Manager:
For more information on the latest prices visit www.betway.com