Luiz hails ‘mature’ Arsenal display in Manchester United draw
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
David Luiz has described Arsenal’s performance in their 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford on Monday night as ‘mature’, with a point enough to return the Gunners to the Premier League top four.
Scott McTominay opened the scoring with a powerful strike on the stroke of half-time, but Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's well-taken chip on 58 minutes levelled the score, with a VAR review giving the goal after it was initially given offside.
Luiz was impressed with Arsenal's display, saying: "We have to be happy with our performance.
"It is never easy to play here.
"It is not easy when you concede a goal [before half time] but after that it was a great game, a proper Premier League game, a proper derby.
You may also want to watch:
"There is still a long way to go, we are trying to improve the team every week and I think we did a great game, and a mature game here.
"It is not easy to play with maturity here, but I think we did that tonight."
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
The Brazilian also gave his view on VAR after it helped the Gunners earn a point.
"Now with VAR you have to adapt, you have to play to the end," he said.
"You can prepare for that in training.
"It is not easy, sometimes defenders will stop but you just have to adapt."
Quotes from Arsenal.com.