Luiz hails ‘mature’ Arsenal display in Manchester United draw
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
David Luiz has described Arsenal’s performance in their 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford on Monday night as ‘mature’, with a point enough to return the Gunners to the Premier League top four.
Scott McTominay opened the scoring with a powerful strike on the stroke of half-time, but Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's well-taken chip on 58 minutes levelled the score, with a VAR review giving the goal after it was initially given offside.
Luiz was impressed with Arsenal's display, saying: "We have to be happy with our performance.
"It is never easy to play here.
"It is not easy when you concede a goal [before half time] but after that it was a great game, a proper Premier League game, a proper derby.
You may also want to watch:
"There is still a long way to go, we are trying to improve the team every week and I think we did a great game, and a mature game here.
"It is not easy to play with maturity here, but I think we did that tonight."
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
The Brazilian also gave his view on VAR after it helped the Gunners earn a point.
"Now with VAR you have to adapt, you have to play to the end," he said.
"You can prepare for that in training.
"It is not easy, sometimes defenders will stop but you just have to adapt."
Quotes from Arsenal.com.