Lxsko death: Police investigating after Holloway rapper Dean Martin Laskowski falls from flat on Packington Estate
- Credit: Archant
A rap artist who grew up on Holloway’s Harvist Estate fell to his death from a four-storey block of flats in Islington earlier this month.
Dean Martin Laskowski, also known by his stage name Lxsko, died in the early hours of June 9.
Police were called to the property in Ann Street on the Packington Estate just after 5am. The air ambulance also attended but the 29-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Islington police officers said his death is being treated as unexplained and an investigation is ongoing. Officers and the coroner’s office are waiting for the results of a post-mortem.
A family source told the Gazette Dean had been holding a housewarming party at his new flat the previous night.
You may also want to watch:
Lxsko released his first mixtape, Tower Block Dream, in 2014 and gained a large following on social media. He dubbed his fans the “wolfpack” and was set to release his album, Bxd Wolf, soon.
Last month he posted a video on YouTube updating his fans on his album progress, stating he was suffering issues with his health.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Police have spoken to neighbours and are looking for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD1656/09JUN.