Lxsko death: Police investigating after Holloway rapper Dean Martin Laskowski falls from flat on Packington Estate
- Credit: Archant
A rap artist who grew up on Holloway’s Harvist Estate fell to his death from a four-storey block of flats in Islington earlier this month.
Dean Martin Laskowski, also known by his stage name Lxsko, died in the early hours of June 9.
Police were called to the property in Ann Street on the Packington Estate just after 5am. The air ambulance also attended but the 29-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Islington police officers said his death is being treated as unexplained and an investigation is ongoing. Officers and the coroner’s office are waiting for the results of a post-mortem.
A family source told the Gazette Dean had been holding a housewarming party at his new flat the previous night.
Lxsko released his first mixtape, Tower Block Dream, in 2014 and gained a large following on social media. He dubbed his fans the “wolfpack” and was set to release his album, Bxd Wolf, soon.
Last month he posted a video on YouTube updating his fans on his album progress, stating he was suffering issues with his health.
- 1 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 2 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 3 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 4 Whittington Hospital's landmark incinerator chimney to be dismantled
- 5 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 6 Emma Thompson and Sir Ian McKellen line up to play Whodunnit detectives
- 7 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 8 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 9 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
- 10 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
Police have spoken to neighbours and are looking for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD1656/09JUN.