Lxsko death: Police investigating after Holloway rapper Dean Martin Laskowski falls from flat on Packington Estate
- Credit: Archant
A rap artist who grew up on Holloway’s Harvist Estate fell to his death from a four-storey block of flats in Islington earlier this month.
Dean Martin Laskowski, also known by his stage name Lxsko, died in the early hours of June 9.
Police were called to the property in Ann Street on the Packington Estate just after 5am. The air ambulance also attended but the 29-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Islington police officers said his death is being treated as unexplained and an investigation is ongoing. Officers and the coroner’s office are waiting for the results of a post-mortem.
A family source told the Gazette Dean had been holding a housewarming party at his new flat the previous night.
Lxsko released his first mixtape, Tower Block Dream, in 2014 and gained a large following on social media. He dubbed his fans the “wolfpack” and was set to release his album, Bxd Wolf, soon.
Last month he posted a video on YouTube updating his fans on his album progress, stating he was suffering issues with his health.
- 1 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 2 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 5 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 6 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 7 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 8 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 9 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 10 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
Police have spoken to neighbours and are looking for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD1656/09JUN.