Made in Islington: Cobble Lane Cured butchery is cut above
- Credit: Archant
Usually, cured meats such as ham, salami and bresoala are associated with our European counterparts.
But Cobble Lane Cured is one business which hopes to change that.
With a butchery based near Highbury and Islington station, the folks at Cobble Lane Cured combine British meats with European recipes to produce what they feel is the best quality charcuterie this side of the channel.
“Being where we are in Islington has really enabled us to do what we do, supplying to London restaurants, shops and selling at markets around town.” says co-founder Mat Atkinson.
“Our range of salamis and other charcuterie are not typical to Britain - we are inspired by European traditions but we use only British Free Range pork and beef.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Cobble Lane Cured and its products, visit cobblelanecured.com
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting