Made in Islington: Community pottery at Clay Time, Blackstock Road
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Islington. This week, we found a studio that is giving people the platform to make their own pottery.
A Highbury community studio is offering people the platform to make their own pottery.
Clay Time, in Blackstock Road, holds regular classes for both children and adults.
From the potter’s wheel, staff help customers make everything from bowls to ceramic jewellery to scultures. Painting classes are also available.
It is a not-for-profit company that started in April last year, and founder Daniel Guedalla wants as many people as possible to experience the joy of pottery.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s therapeutic, it’s inclusive, it’s inspirational, it’s educational. Our aim is to get more and more people in to use clay and make ceramics.
“We want to offer our services to schools and charities. The more money we make, the more we can offer at cheaper prices.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing