Made in Islington: Community pottery at Clay Time, Blackstock Road
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Islington. This week, we found a studio that is giving people the platform to make their own pottery.
A Highbury community studio is offering people the platform to make their own pottery.
Clay Time, in Blackstock Road, holds regular classes for both children and adults.
From the potter’s wheel, staff help customers make everything from bowls to ceramic jewellery to scultures. Painting classes are also available.
It is a not-for-profit company that started in April last year, and founder Daniel Guedalla wants as many people as possible to experience the joy of pottery.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s therapeutic, it’s inclusive, it’s inspirational, it’s educational. Our aim is to get more and more people in to use clay and make ceramics.
“We want to offer our services to schools and charities. The more money we make, the more we can offer at cheaper prices.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller