Made in Islington: From fabric and needle to Katy Perry at Stitchin Business, Holloway
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Islington. This week, we found a man who has made Katy Perry’s costumes...
“All it takes is a piece of fabric, needle and thread and a little imagination...”
It’s the ethos of Andy Piccos, owner of Stitchin Business in Thane Villas, Holloway.
Andy, 58, has traded in Islington for 14 years. He says: “We design and make anything: clothing, costumes, dresses, wedding outfits and furnishing. We even had a request from a fetish company for some coveralls.
“So the easiest thing is to say we work with fabric!
You may also want to watch:
“Basically, the customer comes with an idea and we turn it into reality.”
And in recent years, his designs have taken him to celebrity clients such as Katy Perry (costume for her 2013 “Unconditionally” video and 2014 Big Weekend performance) and Gok Wan (for his “Fashion Fix” TV show).
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
For more, visit facebook.com/Stitchin.Biz