Made in Islington: From fabric and needle to Katy Perry at Stitchin Business, Holloway
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Islington. This week, we found a man who has made Katy Perry’s costumes...
“All it takes is a piece of fabric, needle and thread and a little imagination...”
It’s the ethos of Andy Piccos, owner of Stitchin Business in Thane Villas, Holloway.
Andy, 58, has traded in Islington for 14 years. He says: “We design and make anything: clothing, costumes, dresses, wedding outfits and furnishing. We even had a request from a fetish company for some coveralls.
“So the easiest thing is to say we work with fabric!
“Basically, the customer comes with an idea and we turn it into reality.”
And in recent years, his designs have taken him to celebrity clients such as Katy Perry (costume for her 2013 “Unconditionally” video and 2014 Big Weekend performance) and Gok Wan (for his “Fashion Fix” TV show).
- 1 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 2 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 3 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 4 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 5 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 6 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 7 London among areas where drought is declared
- 8 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 9 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 10 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
For more, visit facebook.com/Stitchin.Biz