Made in Islington: From fabric and needle to Katy Perry at Stitchin Business, Holloway
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Islington. This week, we found a man who has made Katy Perry’s costumes...
“All it takes is a piece of fabric, needle and thread and a little imagination...”
It’s the ethos of Andy Piccos, owner of Stitchin Business in Thane Villas, Holloway.
Andy, 58, has traded in Islington for 14 years. He says: “We design and make anything: clothing, costumes, dresses, wedding outfits and furnishing. We even had a request from a fetish company for some coveralls.
“So the easiest thing is to say we work with fabric!
You may also want to watch:
“Basically, the customer comes with an idea and we turn it into reality.”
And in recent years, his designs have taken him to celebrity clients such as Katy Perry (costume for her 2013 “Unconditionally” video and 2014 Big Weekend performance) and Gok Wan (for his “Fashion Fix” TV show).
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
For more, visit facebook.com/Stitchin.Biz