Made in Islington: Vegan chocolate brunch at Jaz and Jul’s, Chapel Market
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Islington. This week, we found a small cafe that has a vegan-friendly chocolate brunch menu...
Many Islington stereotypes are plain wrong. But there’s no denying that one is bang on – it is peak brunch destination.
It makes sense, then, that brunch innovation would happen here.
At Jaz and Jul’s Chocolate House, brunch is no mere cross between breakfast and lunch. Here, it is basically dessert. Oh, and it’s vegan.
From cocoa-dusted French toast with almond and banana batter to waffles with vegan chocolate sauce, it celebrated a year in Chapel Market yesterday.
“The idea came from natural progression of our shop,” says co-owner Julia Sampson.
“We started out as a cafe specialising in hot chocolate. It has always been mostly vegan. So it only made sense to start vegan chocolate brunch, and it has gone down really well.”
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 3 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 9 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 10 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend