Made in Islington: Vegan chocolate brunch at Jaz and Jul’s, Chapel Market
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Islington. This week, we found a small cafe that has a vegan-friendly chocolate brunch menu...
Many Islington stereotypes are plain wrong. But there’s no denying that one is bang on – it is peak brunch destination.
It makes sense, then, that brunch innovation would happen here.
At Jaz and Jul’s Chocolate House, brunch is no mere cross between breakfast and lunch. Here, it is basically dessert. Oh, and it’s vegan.
From cocoa-dusted French toast with almond and banana batter to waffles with vegan chocolate sauce, it celebrated a year in Chapel Market yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea came from natural progression of our shop,” says co-owner Julia Sampson.
“We started out as a cafe specialising in hot chocolate. It has always been mostly vegan. So it only made sense to start vegan chocolate brunch, and it has gone down really well.”
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 5 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients