Made in Islington: Vegan chocolate brunch at Jaz and Jul’s, Chapel Market
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Islington. This week, we found a small cafe that has a vegan-friendly chocolate brunch menu...
Many Islington stereotypes are plain wrong. But there’s no denying that one is bang on – it is peak brunch destination.
It makes sense, then, that brunch innovation would happen here.
At Jaz and Jul’s Chocolate House, brunch is no mere cross between breakfast and lunch. Here, it is basically dessert. Oh, and it’s vegan.
From cocoa-dusted French toast with almond and banana batter to waffles with vegan chocolate sauce, it celebrated a year in Chapel Market yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea came from natural progression of our shop,” says co-owner Julia Sampson.
“We started out as a cafe specialising in hot chocolate. It has always been mostly vegan. So it only made sense to start vegan chocolate brunch, and it has gone down really well.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park