Made in Islington: Vegan chocolate brunch at Jaz and Jul’s, Chapel Market
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Islington. This week, we found a small cafe that has a vegan-friendly chocolate brunch menu...
Many Islington stereotypes are plain wrong. But there’s no denying that one is bang on – it is peak brunch destination.
It makes sense, then, that brunch innovation would happen here.
At Jaz and Jul’s Chocolate House, brunch is no mere cross between breakfast and lunch. Here, it is basically dessert. Oh, and it’s vegan.
From cocoa-dusted French toast with almond and banana batter to waffles with vegan chocolate sauce, it celebrated a year in Chapel Market yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea came from natural progression of our shop,” says co-owner Julia Sampson.
“We started out as a cafe specialising in hot chocolate. It has always been mostly vegan. So it only made sense to start vegan chocolate brunch, and it has gone down really well.”
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition