Made in Islington: Vegan chocolate brunch at Jaz and Jul’s, Chapel Market
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Islington. This week, we found a small cafe that has a vegan-friendly chocolate brunch menu...
Many Islington stereotypes are plain wrong. But there’s no denying that one is bang on – it is peak brunch destination.
It makes sense, then, that brunch innovation would happen here.
At Jaz and Jul’s Chocolate House, brunch is no mere cross between breakfast and lunch. Here, it is basically dessert. Oh, and it’s vegan.
From cocoa-dusted French toast with almond and banana batter to waffles with vegan chocolate sauce, it celebrated a year in Chapel Market yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea came from natural progression of our shop,” says co-owner Julia Sampson.
“We started out as a cafe specialising in hot chocolate. It has always been mostly vegan. So it only made sense to start vegan chocolate brunch, and it has gone down really well.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey