Magicians performing at The Magic Circle in Euston
A venue where famous magicians perform behind closed doors is opening to the public for the first time.
The biggest stars in the world of magic are appearing at The Magic Circle headquarters in Stephenson Road, Euston, during its Season of Summer Sorcery.
Hundreds of performers are members of The Magic Circle society which formed in 1905 and moved to the base near Euston Station in 1998. Top magicians and illusionists can often be found at the venue which is reportedly home to 10,000 secrets practising their skills and holding private function events.
Now The Magic Circle is presenting a first ever series of shows for the public.
Upcoming events include Steve Allen’s Magic Circle Mysteries on Saturday June 25 featuring Paul Zerdin, John Archer, Ben Hart and the mind reader Graham Jolley.
You may also want to watch:
An event on Saturday July 2 called Giants of Close up Magic features Michael Vincent and Terry Guyatt who according to The Magic Circle will “dazzle you with their digital dexterity right under your nose”.
Piff the Magic Dragon, a card playing comedian who has gained cult status, is appearing at the Magic Circle on Saturday July 9 alongside the successful illusionist Fay Presto.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 9 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
Jack Delvin, the president of The Magic Circle, said: “This season gives everyone interested in illusion and conjuring a unique opportunity to look behind the closed doors of our historic organisation. In addition to seeing some incredible talent, visitors will also get to see some of our incredible history. Our stunning museum contains priceless treasures from many famous names including Houdini, Robert Harbin, Paul Daniels, Uri Gellar, HRH The Prince of Wales, Robert Houdin and Chung Ling Soo. We are privileged to be home to so many secrets and I’m proud to let anyone with a curious mind get a glimpse of our magical heritage, here at The Magic Circle headquarters.”
The Magic Circle venue also includes a theatre and dining rooms packed with magic tricks and exhibits.
For more information on the events call 0207 3872222 or email www.themagiccircle.co.uk.