Man arrested after Finsbury Park man stabbed in Burger King
A 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a fatal stabbing in Burger King.
Pelivan Zekaj, of Monksfield, Finsbury Park, was knifed in the fast food restaurant in Wood Green Shopping Centre on Thursday, October 4.
The 23-year-old Albanian national was pronounced dead at the scene and a post mortem on Friday gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Officers were called to Burger King at around 11.15pm to reports of a disturbance involving a number of young people.
A suspect was detained on Tuesday night at an address in north London and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information call the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 9 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder