Man arrested after Finsbury Park man stabbed in Burger King
A 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a fatal stabbing in Burger King.
Pelivan Zekaj, of Monksfield, Finsbury Park, was knifed in the fast food restaurant in Wood Green Shopping Centre on Thursday, October 4.
The 23-year-old Albanian national was pronounced dead at the scene and a post mortem on Friday gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Officers were called to Burger King at around 11.15pm to reports of a disturbance involving a number of young people.
A suspect was detained on Tuesday night at an address in north London and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information call the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 8 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 9 Arsenal youngsters Hennessy and Goldie selected for England under 19s
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'