Man arrested after Finsbury Park man stabbed in Burger King
A 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a fatal stabbing in Burger King.
Pelivan Zekaj, of Monksfield, Finsbury Park, was knifed in the fast food restaurant in Wood Green Shopping Centre on Thursday, October 4.
The 23-year-old Albanian national was pronounced dead at the scene and a post mortem on Friday gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Officers were called to Burger King at around 11.15pm to reports of a disturbance involving a number of young people.
A suspect was detained on Tuesday night at an address in north London and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information call the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 5 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 6 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 9 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair