Man charged in connection to stabbings in Archway, Cally and Wood Green
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection to stabbings in Archway, Cally and Wood Green.
Evans Innocent, 44, of no fixed abode, was due to appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
He is charged with attempted murder on April 21 in Caledonian Road and two counts of grievous bodily harm relating to incidents in Trinity Road, N22, on April 3 and Whittington Park on April 7.
Innocent is also charged with six counts of possession of a dangerous weapon in a public place, three counts of theft in a dwelling, and failure to comply with notification requirements of the Sex Offenders Register.
At about 6.15am on April 21 a woman in her 40s was stabbed in Caledonian Road. She was taken to hospital and subsequently discharged.
You may also want to watch:
Innocent was arrested in Caledonian Road on April 22 on suspicion of GBH.
While in custody Innocent was also arrested in connection with the incidents in Trinity Road and Whittington Park. On both occasions, a male victim was stabbed in the leg.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
He was subsequently charged as above.