Man charged with 2018 Islington murder of 62-year-old
- Credit: Google
Detectives investigating the death of a woman in Islington in July 2018 have charged a man with murder.
Darren Constant, 37, of, Carterhatch Lane, Enfield, was arrested and charged on Thursday (March 18).
He is due to appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court today (March 19).
Officers from the Met's Specialist Crime Command begun an investigation after a woman was found dead at a property in Marlborough Road, Upper Holloway, on July 4, 2018.
She was subsequently formally identified as 62-year-old Judy Constant from Islington.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination confirmed the cause of her death was "blunt force trauma".
The victim and accused knew to each other, according to Scotland Yard.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade