Man charged with 2018 Islington murder of 62-year-old
- Credit: Google
Detectives investigating the death of a woman in Islington in July 2018 have charged a man with murder.
Darren Constant, 37, of, Carterhatch Lane, Enfield, was arrested and charged on Thursday (March 18).
He is due to appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court today (March 19).
Officers from the Met's Specialist Crime Command begun an investigation after a woman was found dead at a property in Marlborough Road, Upper Holloway, on July 4, 2018.
She was subsequently formally identified as 62-year-old Judy Constant from Islington.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination confirmed the cause of her death was "blunt force trauma".
The victim and accused knew to each other, according to Scotland Yard.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park