Man hospitalised after dog poo slip in Pentonville Road
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian “collapsed” in the street after he slipped on dog poo and injured his ankle in Pentonville Road this afternoon.
Police and paramedics were called and the man has been taken to hospital with a “suspected broken ankle”.
The Met’s Road and Transport Team tweeted: “Traffic officers flagged down whilst patrolling N1 area to a collapse in the street.
“First aid was rendered to a man who had slipped on dog waste and sustained a suspected broken ankle until his care could be handed over to [London Ambulance Service}.”
The store manager at London Luggage Co., who asked to remain anonymous, said: “I just saw the police and the ambulances outside.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a man on gas and air, he looked like he was in a lot of pain.”
She said the dog poo has since been removed.
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 7 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 8 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 9 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 10 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
Is this you? Call Lucas at the newsdesk to share you story on 07785 616255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org