Man collapses and dies close to home following road accident
A man collapsed and died near his home following a car accident in Holloway.
Police were called on Friday, November 2 at around 7am to Stock Orchard Crescent, at the junction with Caledonian Road, following reports of a collision involving a dark grey Volvo V50 estate and parked cars.
Scotland Yard said it appeared the Volvo, driven by Terence Harvey, collided with the parked vehicles shortly after leaving his home.
After the accident the 58-year-old left the scene in his car and started to return home. He was later found collapsed near to his front door and pronounced dead on the arrival of London Ambulance Service.
Detective Sergeant Jeff Edwards, who is leading the investigation for the Road Death Investigation Unit (RDIU), said: “I would urge anyone who may have seen or heard anything leading up to the collision, the collision itself or the movements of Mr Harvey afterwards, to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been opened and adjourned at St Pancras Coroners Court. A post-mortem examination has been conducted at Whittington Hospital Mortuary and officers await the result of further tests.
Anyone with information call the RDIU on Hampton Traffic Garage’s witness appeal line 020 8941 9011, or Crimestoppers anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal