Man collapses and dies close to home following road accident
A man collapsed and died near his home following a car accident in Holloway.
Police were called on Friday, November 2 at around 7am to Stock Orchard Crescent, at the junction with Caledonian Road, following reports of a collision involving a dark grey Volvo V50 estate and parked cars.
Scotland Yard said it appeared the Volvo, driven by Terence Harvey, collided with the parked vehicles shortly after leaving his home.
After the accident the 58-year-old left the scene in his car and started to return home. He was later found collapsed near to his front door and pronounced dead on the arrival of London Ambulance Service.
Detective Sergeant Jeff Edwards, who is leading the investigation for the Road Death Investigation Unit (RDIU), said: “I would urge anyone who may have seen or heard anything leading up to the collision, the collision itself or the movements of Mr Harvey afterwards, to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been opened and adjourned at St Pancras Coroners Court. A post-mortem examination has been conducted at Whittington Hospital Mortuary and officers await the result of further tests.
Anyone with information call the RDIU on Hampton Traffic Garage’s witness appeal line 020 8941 9011, or Crimestoppers anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo