Man collapses and dies close to home following road accident
A man collapsed and died near his home following a car accident in Holloway.
Police were called on Friday, November 2 at around 7am to Stock Orchard Crescent, at the junction with Caledonian Road, following reports of a collision involving a dark grey Volvo V50 estate and parked cars.
Scotland Yard said it appeared the Volvo, driven by Terence Harvey, collided with the parked vehicles shortly after leaving his home.
After the accident the 58-year-old left the scene in his car and started to return home. He was later found collapsed near to his front door and pronounced dead on the arrival of London Ambulance Service.
Detective Sergeant Jeff Edwards, who is leading the investigation for the Road Death Investigation Unit (RDIU), said: “I would urge anyone who may have seen or heard anything leading up to the collision, the collision itself or the movements of Mr Harvey afterwards, to contact police.”
An inquest has been opened and adjourned at St Pancras Coroners Court. A post-mortem examination has been conducted at Whittington Hospital Mortuary and officers await the result of further tests.
Anyone with information call the RDIU on Hampton Traffic Garage’s witness appeal line 020 8941 9011, or Crimestoppers anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 2 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 3 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 4 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 6 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 7 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 8 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Protesters march in final attempt to prevent incinerator contract