Man died falling from Archway Bridge on day he faced jail for part in paedophile ring
- Credit: Polly Hancock
The man who fell to his death from Archway Bridge this morning was due to be sentenced today for paying a 15-year-old boy for sex as a member of a paedophile ring, a court heard.
Michael Fiek, 40, of Hackney, fell from the bridge at 6.45am onto the southbound carriageway of Archway Road.
The accountant was due to attend Leeds Crown Court this morning to be sentenced. He faced jail for the crime.
He had already admitted meeting a 15-year-old-boy in a park in west Yorkshire and paying him for sex while filming the act.
But the court heard that he was found dead under the Hornsey Lane Bridge this morning at 7am.
You may also want to watch:
Archway Road was closed this morning, leading to traffic queues stretching back as far as Highgate Underground Station.
Their co-accused, James Bould, 34, from Dewsbury, and Andrew Lynes, 51, from Huddersfield, were sentenced to 14 years and seven-and-a-half years in jail.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 9 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
More to follow.
For confidential emotional support in a crisis, contact the Samaritans around the clock on 08457 90 90 90.