Man died falling from Archway Bridge on day he faced jail for part in paedophile ring
- Credit: Polly Hancock
The man who fell to his death from Archway Bridge this morning was due to be sentenced today for paying a 15-year-old boy for sex as a member of a paedophile ring, a court heard.
Michael Fiek, 40, of Hackney, fell from the bridge at 6.45am onto the southbound carriageway of Archway Road.
The accountant was due to attend Leeds Crown Court this morning to be sentenced. He faced jail for the crime.
He had already admitted meeting a 15-year-old-boy in a park in west Yorkshire and paying him for sex while filming the act.
But the court heard that he was found dead under the Hornsey Lane Bridge this morning at 7am.
You may also want to watch:
Archway Road was closed this morning, leading to traffic queues stretching back as far as Highgate Underground Station.
Their co-accused, James Bould, 34, from Dewsbury, and Andrew Lynes, 51, from Huddersfield, were sentenced to 14 years and seven-and-a-half years in jail.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 4 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
More to follow.
For confidential emotional support in a crisis, contact the Samaritans around the clock on 08457 90 90 90.