Man dies after being hit by car in Parkhurst Road, Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A man died after being hit by a car in Parkhurst Road last night.
Police were called by medics to the scene, at the junction with Holloway Road, at 7.10pm following the crash.
But the man, believed to be in his 30s or 40s, was pronounced dead half-an-hour later.
The car stopped at the scene and the driver is helping police with their enquiries. No arrests have been made.
Detectives are now trying to find out who the man was, and are appealing for witnesses to the collision to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Leo Andrade was on the 253 bus going home when it made an emergency stop, causing passengers to go hurtling forward.
She told the Gazette: “There were two people on the ground. There was a man under a car and what looked like a motorbike and the bus in front was looking like it collided with all three.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
“It was shocking seeing that poor man. Police and amublances were there in seconds.”
Anyone with information can contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Alperton on 020 8991 9555.