Man dies after being hit by car in Parkhurst Road, Holloway
- Credit: Archant
A man died after being hit by a car in Parkhurst Road last night.
Police were called by medics to the scene, at the junction with Holloway Road, at 7.10pm following the crash.
But the man, believed to be in his 30s or 40s, was pronounced dead half-an-hour later.
The car stopped at the scene and the driver is helping police with their enquiries. No arrests have been made.
Detectives are now trying to find out who the man was, and are appealing for witnesses to the collision to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Leo Andrade was on the 253 bus going home when it made an emergency stop, causing passengers to go hurtling forward.
She told the Gazette: “There were two people on the ground. There was a man under a car and what looked like a motorbike and the bus in front was looking like it collided with all three.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
“It was shocking seeing that poor man. Police and amublances were there in seconds.”
Anyone with information can contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Alperton on 020 8991 9555.